Antique Resource Sites
Interesting Antique Resources and informative references outside the antique marks site.
A useful selection of antique associations and other resources that should help with any area of antiques but especially antique collecting.
No matter whether you collect silver, glass, china or any other antique collectibles, there are always diverse opinions and various interpretations on what is rare, what is valuable and or what is just downright fake.
Assessing and evaluating those opinions means using good antique resources.
We have included here a varied selection of good quality antique resources, guides or references to researching, collecting, buying or selling antiques.
It is by no means comprehensive, nor does every resource agree in every part with everything included on antique-marks.com; but what the references do include is good quality information that will allow you, the antiques collector or seller, to increase your knowledge and awareness of what exactly constitutes an antique and what you should be looking for in your chosen niche.
British Antique Associations and Other Resources
- Antiquities Dealers Association
- Antiquarian Booksellers Association (ABA)
- Fine Art Trade Guild (FATG) UK
- The British Antique Dealers Association (BADA)
- The British Antique Furniture Restorers’ Association (BAFRA)
- Cotswold Antique Dealers Association (CADA)
- The Society of London Art Dealers (SLAD)
- Portobello Antique Dealers Association
- British Horological Institute (BHI)
- Harrogate Antique Dealers Association
- Kensington Church Street Antique Dealers Association
- Petworth Art & Antique Dealers Association (PAADA)
- West of England Antique Dealers’ Association (WEADA)
- Thames Valley Antique Dealers’ Association (TVADA)
- The Pimlico Road Association
International Antique Associations and Other Resources
- Australian Antique Dealers’ Association (AADA)
- New Zealand Antique Dealers’ Association (NZADA)
- Art and Antique Dealers’ League of America (AADLA)
- National Art and Antique Dealers’ Association of America (NAADAA)
- Art Dealers Association of America (ADAA)
- Art Dealers Association of Canada
- Art & Antique Dealers’ Association of Poland (SAP)
- Association of Swiss Galleries (AGS)
- Associazione Antiquari d’Italia
- Bundesverband des Deutschen Kunst – und Antiquitatenhandels e.V.
- Bundesverband Deutscher Galerien eV
- Irish Antique Dealers Association (IADA)
- Czech Association of Antique Dealers
- Danish Art and Antique Dealers Association
- Deutscher Kunsthandelsvesrband e.V
- Federazione Italiana Mercanti d’Arte
- Private Art Dealers Association (PADA)
- South African Antique Dealers’ Association
- Syndicat National des Antiquaires (SNA)
- Association of Fine Art Dealers in the Netherlands (VHOK)
- Vereniging Nederlands Antiquairs Genootschap (VNAG)
- Chambres Royale des Antiquaires de Belgique
- CINOA, Confederation Internationale des Negotiants en Oeuvres d’Art
Would you like to start collecting Pocket Watches but are not sure what to buy? Or maybe you need some information about Pocket Watch makers? Or values, serial numbers, cases, parts, mechanisms…?
One of the UK associations of antique dealers. The site includes a good search facility for finding antiques and antique dealers.
We neither endorse these sites nor profit from them. We just find them interesting enough and informative enough that we thought you might like to take a look at them.