Antique Auctions Terms of Sale
Antique Auctions – Terms & Conditions of Sale
All antique item descriptions are based on our own experience and research and are a guide only. Submission of your bid confirms your acceptance of these terms of sale.
Placing a bid on any antique auction item signifies your agreement and understanding of the following terms :
- Descriptions : Items are described honestly & accurately to the best of our knowledge and ability. All items (unless stated otherwise) are antique or collectible and used. Most will show a degree of natural wear resulting from age and usage. Any wear or damage over and above normal age related wear and tear (scratches/cracks/tears or faults) are detailed in the auction. Please ensure that you are aware of any faults or damage BEFORE BIDDING.
- Payment Methods : We accept payments through Paypal (Credit/Debit card); Cash (sent at your own risk); Postal Order; Bankers Draft. For speediest despatch pay via Paypal.
- Postage & Packing : Postage or shipping costs are non-negotiable. Please check cost of delivery prior to bidding. If you feel delivery is too expensive please DO NOT BID. All items are sent by Royal Mail or via specialist courier. Royal mail items are always sent recorded delivery. We do not charge for packing materials or the time involved in packing items. Proof of posting is always obtained and will be kept for one month following delivery. Postage will be discounted for buyers buying more than one item at the same time. We are happy for customers to collect their purchase at mutually convenient times or for you to arrange your own courier service to collect. We will pack to our usual standard for courier collected items.
- Despatch & Delivery Times : All items shipped via Royal Mail will be dispatched within three days of receipt of cleared payment. Items sent via courier will be booked within three days of payment. Courier delivery to be confirmed by the courier with approximate date and time of delivery
- Weights and Sizes : We endeavour to list the unpacked weight of all items and to be as accurate as possible, but please contact us to double-check if you feel the weight is a prime concern BEFORE BIDDING.
- Photographs : We try our very best to produce photographs that show the items true colours as closely as possible and always take photographs in daylight without using flash photography. However, colour reproduction varies with different computer monitors and depends upon their settings, and so the colours may appear slightly different on your monitor.
- Communication : We can be contacted using the Contact Form or through the questions or comments section in the antique auction, this ensures any enquiry is dealt with promptly and a record kept to avoid confusion. We aim to answer all queries as quickly as possible, and certainly within 48 hours
- Refunds : We offer full refunds on items that have been delivered and that prove significantly different to our auction description. We do not offer refunds on items where you have viewed the photos, read the description and the percieved difference is detailed within the auction description. Should you change your mind regarding your purchase we may offer, solely at our discretion, a refund of the purchase price less all costs relating to the sale including listing fees, postage and packing, adminstration and re-listing.
- Cancellation of Bids/Purchases : We reserve the right to cancel any bid from any buyer who arouses suspicion as to their reliability/credibility or who have not read or complied with our terms and condition of sale. We will not cancel bids on behalf of buyers.
All payments please within 3 days of auction close, or we will relist the item. Your winning bid is a contract, please fulfill it.
Please feel free to browse our antique marks reference, to check the comprehensive information available on all sorts of antiques; including makers marks, manufacturers history and our full antiques glossary.