Victorian furniture or other? Identifying family furniture

Have an item to identify or valuate? Post photos here or Help others with their Antiques and Furniture.
Forum rules
Before posting please read the Introduction.
Clarefurniture

Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:50 am

Hi!

I am trying to find out more about some furniture that belonged to my parents (please see attached pics).

It'd be interested in their value, but I am mostly interested in anything on their history/any special features the furniture might have. I am trying to decide whether to get a few items restored and am just curious to know more about these items that have been in my family.

1. I believe the wooden chairs with quite a bit of damage are Victorian, and I'm trying to ascertain whether it is worth having them fixed up down the line.

2. The leather and wood chair was bought in Heals in 1955 and is Scandinavian-made. I am not sure whether to have it newly upholstered or to keep the original suede, so any advice would be welcome.

3. Lastly, I think the cabinet is a music box or something of some kind. It has inlayed woodwork and baguettes of mirror glass, and I'm curious to understand more about its origins and value before i have it restored.

4. A chest/cabinet that seems to be made out of a hard wood. I thought it was from the 80s but someone recently commented it could be older, so I thought I'd ask.

Any help is much appreciated!
Attachments
furniture 7.jpg
furniture 6.jpg
furniture 5.jpg
furniture 4.jpg
furniture 3.png
furniture 2.png
furniture 1.jpg