Fenton China Company? Herring Hunt Plate

Have an item to identify or valuate? Post photos here or Help others with their Antiques and Furniture.
Forum rules
Before posting please read the Introduction.
siennarain

Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:55 pm

Hi there! I'm super new to anything china so forgive any ignorance. I fell in love with this plate I bought at Goodwill for $3 (which sucks because their stickers never come off) and wanted to know more about it. I found out that it's part of a set of 6 based on a set of 4 pieces of art made by J.F. Herring Sr called the Hunt. There's another set of the same name by Spode but based on different art pieces and much more valuable. Mine has a stamp on the back that says "Fenton China Company" but I cannot find ANY information on this particular maker's mark because Fenton China Company's mark is usually a crown. Do I have a fake? Is that even a thing??

I'm really just hoping to date this plate (I think between 1980s and mid 2010s is when the Fenton China Company was in operation?) and find out if more of the same style by the same company are out there. If not, I've found similar ones by Edwardian Bone China (I think that's the company name, anyway) that I could pass off as the same collection when on display. My plate is also missing the little historical blurb on the back that every single other Herring Hunt plate seems to have.

I don't think it's very valuable by any means but I love the art and I would really like a matching collection to display!

Any insight would be tremendously helpful!
Screenshot_2020-11-08-16-07-10(1).png
20201108_151537.jpg